There’s no denying that a garage door opener is a convenient feature to have. It makes accessing your home or business via your garage much more convenient. It also offers increased security and better safety.
But what happens when you press the button on your garage door opener in Santa Rosa and the door won’t open or close? Not only will you be frustrated because you’ll have to manually open and close your garage door, but you’re also annoyed because you’re going to have to spend a lot of money to replace your garage door opener… Or will you?
Garage Door Repair in Santa Rosa specializes in garage door opener repair. We’ll determine the reason why your opener isn’t operating properly and figure out if we can correct the problem with a simple fix. If it does turn out that the system does need to be replaced, we also offer garage opener replacement services. Whether it needs to be repaired or replaced, you can count on us to correct your broken garage door rollers quickly and affordable.
Reasons Garage Door Openers Stop Working
There are several reasons why Overhead Garage Opener problems happen. Here’s a look at some of the most common reasons why this problem occurs:
- Worn motor. With age, garage motors can wear out. When that happens, the system will completely stop working and needs to be replaced.
- Disrupted power source. The power source to your garage door opener could be disrupted somehow. It may be unplugged or a wire could be loose.
- Damaged garage door components. Sometimes, the issue isn’t with the opener but with the garage door itself. Broken torsion springs, damaged cables, bent rollers, or a door that has fallen off its track will prevent the garage door opener from working because the door itself cannot be opened as a result of damage to the door itself.
- Malfunctioning remote. The remote could also be the source of the problem. The batteries may be dead or the remote may need to be reprogrammed.
Turbo Garage Door: Garage Door Opener Repair You Can Count On
If your garage door opener has stopped working in the Santa Rosa area, you can count on Garage Door Opener Repair pros to fix the problem. We provide fast, efficient, and affordable residential and commercial garage door opener repair and garage opener replacement services in Santa Rosa.
What's About Our Customers Say
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What are the most common issues with garage door openers?
Some of the most common problems include:
- Remote or wall switch not working.
- The door won’t close or open completely.
- The garage door reverses before or after hitting the floor.
- The motor continues running after the door closes.
- Unusual noises during operation.
Q2: Why won’t my garage door opener work?
Several reasons could be causing this:
- The remote batteries might be dead.
- The motor unit may be unplugged.
- The photo-eye might be misaligned or blocked.
- The circuit breaker, fuse, or GFCI could be tripped or burned out.
Q3: Why does my garage door opener make noise but not move the door?
This can be due to a stripped gear in the opener, a broken chain or belt, or disengaged manual release.
Q4: Can I repair my garage door opener myself?
While minor issues like replacing remote batteries or aligning photo eyes can be DIY tasks, it’s always recommended to consult with professionals like Turbo Garage Door for any complex or mechanical problems.
Q5: How often should I get my garage door opener serviced?
Ideally, you should have your garage door opener inspected and serviced annually. Regular maintenance can identify issues early and extend the life of your opener.
Q6: Is it safe to operate my garage door if the opener is malfunctioning?
It’s crucial to ensure safety first. If your garage door opener is malfunctioning, it’s best to disconnect it and operate the door manually until repairs can be made.